Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Guilty as Charged!!!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Moderator's note....

    Due to the incessant spamming of this forum by a small group of individuals who seem to share a certain "characteristic", the following people are being banned for a week.

    Matt Pacini
    Andreas
    Jukasil
    Cranium
    Mike Brantley
    Mattias
    Cameraguy
    Super-8 Booster

    I think it's great that Roger has made a product that makes some Super-8 Filmmakers happy, however, there seems to be a small group of Workprinter Devotees who just can't seem to discuss Super-8 topics on this forum in a civil manner.

    When a workprinter owner's overall objectivity gets compromised because of their workprinter ownership or future ownership, they contaminate the Super-8 world and in the end are NO DIFFERENT than some of the professional Super-8 businesses that they have condemned on a regular basis, and we know who THAT IS.

    You are them, they are you.

    If you ever want to acknowledge that you let your business dealings get in the way of your ability to be helpful and communicate on this super-8 forum, you will be welcome to post here.

    Proof, here's proof. Cameraguy and Super-8 Booster have deleted everyone of their posts on this forum. Ask them why. Hear how ridiculous their reason is.

    I suppose it's not wise to spend a grand or more on a Workprinter and then ever speak against the owner of the product in public. So continue to be the lemmings that you are, and continue to scare off newbies who just want questions answered and who's world does not revolve around the workprinter the way it revolves for a few of you.

    Continue your lies about me on other forums that you know I cannot respond to, and justify that form of censorship however you feel you need to justify it.

    <font color="#7BC618" size="1">[ October 12, 2003 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kaisava's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cause Alex banned me from his f u c k i n g board, I use my wife's login name.

    This is the last message to you Alex:

    Get a life!

    You're an totally idiot.

    "Veda aija itses jojoon!"

    Did you ban also others writers? That nice, you're probably very happy cause now you can write alone with yourself!

    BTW. you didn't answer that question!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well jukkasil, I see you're so anxious to post you couldn't wait even two hours!

    Now lets work on having something to say that relates to super-8 filmmaking. [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member King Ghidorah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Corey D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Alex,

    I owned a workprinter for awhile, and I'm currently using Roger to transfer some of my stuff. So what's the deal? Why am I not on that list? I think it's a compliment to be on the list.

    I'm banning every one of you listed above for one week. After a week I'll remove the ban and you will be welcome to post here and promote Super-8.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">By the way, you don't have to remove my ban after a week.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member King Ghidorah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry, but this led me back to here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I'm looking forward to discussing some topics on super 8!

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Corey D.:
    Hey Alex,

    I owned a workprinter for awhile, and I'm currently using Roger to transfer some of my stuff. So what's the deal? Why am I not on that list? I think it's a compliment to be on the list.

    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I'm banning every one of you listed above for one week. After a week I'll remove the ban and you will be welcome to post here and promote Super-8.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">By the way, you don't have to remove my ban after a week.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Gosh Corey, you're not on the list. You willing martyr, you!

    Didn't you make a post complaining about a lack of Super-8 topics on this forum because of all the ruckus? If you did, then your comment above doesn't track with your previous sentiment.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Alex,

    What are you doing? You're playing into they're hands. Banning people because they own a piece of equipment is out of bounds. You can ban them for language, threats or just dragging the forum/message board down, but because they own a hunk of gear is not cool.

    As a friend of yours, I'm asking you to please reconsider this policy. I've tried to stay out of this because I don't know all the history, but I hope you can step back and look at the big picture. This is not going to help solve the problems here. Communications is the key, not cutting off dialogue.

    Take care,

    Scott

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's pretty clear to those who witnessed the actions of the last week that the people I've cut off have been nothing but antagonistic on this forum. Over the last week, not one post has been about Super-8 filmmaking out of the hundreds that that have been posted from these Workprinter "devotees".

    Not once have they offered to answer a forum question from anyone. Not once have these workprinter devotees helped a newbie on this forum who had a question. No discussion about the upcoming Flicker Attack of the Fifty foot Films, no questions about the Super-8 pin-registered camera I recently discovered, nothing to do with anything about Super-8 filmmaking.

    Cameraguy and Super-8 Booster actually deleted their posts on this forum a while back. It was a kneejerk reaction by two Workprinter devotees.

    The Workprinter devotees aren't banned for owning or coveting a Workprinter, they are banned for losing all sense of fairness and respect to this forum and the forum moderator. They all concidentally seem to have Workprinter fetishes.

    As much crapp as Chas has slung my way in the past, he's not on the list because I don't think he's a Workprinter groupie, and as a result, has displayed less hostility than the Workprinter ratpack, who seem to not know what to do with themselves but come here and harass this forum and
    generate lies about MPD's and whether I shoot film or not.

    May I point out that I have been accused of MPD, both on this forum and on other forums. On other forums they post this information as if it were fact when it is 100% false. I have also been accused of loving the made-up controversy by Roger from the past week, another false statement. In an effort to disprove that idiotic belief, I took the next step, which was banning those individuals who can't seem to contribute anything positive about Super-8 on this forum.

    So as you can see, whichever course of action I take, there will be a group ready to criticize me. If I allow these harrassers to keep harassing this forum, I'm accused of enjoying the attention. If I
    ban these yahoos, then it draws concern from those who didn't witness their inexcuseable behavior on this forum over the last week.

    I'd rather see this forum's front page awash in actual Super-8 topics than the garbage and lies that have spewed from the likes of Matt Pacini and Roger this past week, and the only way I can do that is to ban the workprinter groupies and their Witchhunting leader.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess all I'm asking is you don't call them "workprinter" groupies because it sounds like you're banning them for owning a workprinter, not for actions you don't like. Hey it's your forum and you can do what you like.

    Also, I was considering a workprinter for a while, but the project I was going to use it on fell apart.

    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •